History of Scoil Bhríde Ráth Chormaic
Our school, which was known as Rathcormac National School, originally opened in 1835 in the building that is now the Rathcormac Community Hall.
In 1948, a new school was built on the site of the village green. Over time, the village of Rathcormac began to develop and grow and so too did the number of pupils attending our school.
In 2006 the Department of Education and Science purchased a new site and building of our new school commenced just across the road.
In 2021, the Department of Education approved another substantial extension for Scoil Bhríde. The extension will consist of two mainstream classrooms and two special needs classroom suites.
We moved in to our wonderful new school after Easter of 2013. Since then, our school has continued to grow and thrive with a further extension added.
We look forward to a bright future ahead!